Wednesday 19 October 2016

Maya Week 4 - Beaver in a 3D Environment

This week we were asked to put the principle of overlapping and follow through to use within an animated character. In this case it was the choice between a fox or a beaver. In lesson we experimented with the different segments of the character and saw how when you move one part it in turn manipulates another part of the tail. After getting a better understanding of how to get a good animation of the tail, we had to situate the animal in a 3D environment that it can play around.

I placed different cuboids to represent stairs so that it climbs up to reach a spiralling slide. I found it quite difficult to get the correct animation for the overlapping/follow through of the tail, especially when it was climbing the vertical stair case. I need to develop on creating more realistic of how a animal moves such as tail movement. I am happy with how it spirals down the staircase. I feel like this week my Maya skills have developed really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment