Monday 31 October 2016

Water Splash TV Paint - Week 6

I found this weeks TV Paint task quite difficult because it was hard to visualise what an actual water droplet looks like and then having to animate this step by step. After watching lots of videos of what it looks like for a water droplet to hit the water, I was gaining a better understanding of what it looks like for when it comes in contact with the water. I also looked at step by step hand drawn animations of a water splash, as I wanted to see how an artist illustrates them. This website was in particularly useful in how a wave is formed.

After sketching out a rough idea of how an wave is formed, I was happy with how the wave was formed and how it gently falls to the surface of the water. I began colouring it so that you could see the foaming of the wave and how it blends back into the water when the splash has finished. I am really happy with the finished piece as it has a great flow and when the ball hits the water it has a realistic impact.


No comments:

Post a Comment