Saturday 22 October 2016

Walk Cycle TV Paint - Week 5

During this lesson of TV Paint we were learning how to do a basic walk cycle. This had to be carefully made using the trace and place method in order to get a realistic walk. To help me with this I looked at Richard William's Animators Survival Kit, this was really realistic as I could see frame by frame how someone walks and then translate this into my own work on TV Paint. I found it quite difficult to make it a continuous cycle as you have to make sure that the beginning and end of the animation matches up seamlessly.

I am quite happy with my basic walk cycle, as it is clean and crisp, and the movements are quite realistic to a cartoon character. However I think I am going to refine it and make it into more of a fun character and do a background with it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment